Monday, July 2, 2007

Social Media: All that and a Bag of Nuts

This viral video spread through offices like chicken pox in a kindergarten. But I must say, this epidemic was much more fun. A few nights later I saw it on prime time news... just another example of how mainstream media is picking up what's going on in the Web 2.0 world.






And, to any Web 2.0 critic out there, this 5 second video received more than 1.1 million hits on Youtube. If you do some quick math, that's 38 work weeks spent watching this clip - the majority of a year (and that doesn't include any other site that it was on)! I'm not saying that social media is the only answer for marketers, but this goes to show that it deserves time and attention to figure out if it is one of the answers for a client or your brand.


2 comments:

Yianni Garcia said...

The social web is sweeping traditional media...even with silly five second clips like this one. It's definitely clear that marketers without a social web strategy are missing out on the largest community in the world!

Zev said...

Not Only is it so popular on the internet... but I was listening to the radio in Philadelphia this morning and I heard something about "dramatic squirrel", (at first I thought it was a distant relative of the "awkward turtle",) but now I realize it was this. This little video is covering a lot of ground.